Top Travel Deals
It’s never too late to book this trip. Get the best flight prices on all international flights!
Find Affordable Business Class Tickets to Sri Lanka
Whether you’re heading to Sri Lanka for leisure or business, we’ll collaborate with you to design the ideal itinerary and select the right airline that suits your preferences and budget. With our exclusive access to deals and discounts, we can assist you in saving money and making the most of your trip to Sri Lanka. So, get in touch with us today to begin planning your next extravagant journey to Sri Lanka!
Tips to Follow When Traveling to Sri Lanka
here are some helpful tips to follow when traveling to Sri Lanka:
- Get vaccinated: Consult with your healthcare provider and get vaccinated against any recommended diseases such as hepatitis A and B, typhoid, and rabies.
- Dress appropriately: Sri Lanka is a conservative country, and it’s important to dress modestly, especially when visiting religious sites. Women should cover their shoulders and knees, and men should avoid wearing shorts.
- Beware of wildlife: Sri Lanka is home to many exotic animals, including elephants, leopards, and monkeys. Be cautious when visiting wildlife areas and avoid getting too close to animals.
- Use reliable transportation: Only use reliable transportation options such as taxis, hired cars, or reputable tour operators. It’s best to avoid unlicensed taxis or other forms of public transportation.
- Respect local customs: Sri Lankan culture is unique, and it’s important to be respectful of local customs and traditions. Remove your shoes before entering religious sites, ask for permission before taking photographs of people, and avoid public displays of affection.
3 Popular Attractions in Sri Lanka
Here are three popular attractions in Sri Lanka:
- Yala National Park: Yala National Park is a wildlife sanctuary located in the southeastern part of Sri Lanka. It is home to a variety of animals, including leopards, elephants, and crocodiles. Visitors can go on safari tours to see the wildlife up close.
- Dambulla Cave Temple: Dambulla Cave Temple is a UNESCO World Heritage Site located in the central part of Sri Lanka. The temple complex consists of five caves that are adorned with intricate Buddhist murals and statues. The site is a popular pilgrimage destination for Buddhists.
- Ella: Ella is a scenic town located in the central highlands of Sri Lanka. It is known for its beautiful views of the surrounding mountains and tea plantations. Visitors can go on hikes to see waterfalls, visit tea factories, and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of the town.
Main Airports in Sri Lanka
- Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB): This is the main international airport in Sri Lanka and is located in the city of Katunayake, about 18.6 miles north of the capital city of Colombo. It is the busiest airport in Sri Lanka and serves as a hub for Sri Lankan Airlines.
- Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport (HRI): This is a relatively new airport located in the southeastern part of Sri Lanka, near the city of Hambantota. It was built to help boost tourism in the region, but currently, only a few airlines operate flights to and from this airport.
- Ratmalana Airport (RML): This is a domestic airport located in the city of Ratmalana, about 9.3 miles south of Colombo. It is primarily used for domestic flights, charter flights, and private aviation.
- Batticaloa Airport (BTC): This is a small airport located in the eastern part of Sri Lanka, near the city of Batticaloa. It serves a few domestic airlines that operate flights to and from this airport.
What Month is Best to Travel to Sri Lanka?
The best time to travel to Sri Lanka depends on where you plan to visit and what you want to do. Generally, the best time to visit the west and south coasts and the hill country is from December to March when the weather is dry and sunny. The east coast is best visited from May to September when the weather is dry and sunny.
However, keep in mind that Sri Lanka is a tropical country and rain can occur at any time of the year. The monsoon season in Sri Lanka varies depending on the region. The southwest monsoon season is from May to September, while the northeast monsoon season is from October to January.
So, it’s recommended to check the weather forecast for the specific places you plan to visit and choose the time that suits your preferences and interests.
Flight Times From the US to Sri Lanka
The flight times from the US to Sri Lanka can vary depending on the departure city and layover times. Here are the approximate flight times from major US cities to Colombo, Sri Lanka’s capital city:
- New York to Colombo: 17-19 hours (with layover)
- Los Angeles to Colombo: 21-24 hours (with layover)
- Chicago to Colombo: 20-22 hours (with layover)
- Houston to Colombo: 21-24 hours (with layover)
- Miami to Colombo: 20-22 hours (with layover)
Keep in mind that these are approximate flight times and can vary depending on factors such as airline, flight route, layover duration, and weather conditions.
Business Class Airlines to Fly to Sri Lanka
Several airlines offer business class flights to Sri Lanka. Here are some of the top airlines you can consider:
- Qatar Airways
- Cathay Pacific
- Etihad Airways
- Singapore Airlines
Keep in mind that the availability of these airlines and their routes may vary depending on your departure city and travel dates. It’s recommended to compare prices and reviews to find the best business class airline to suit your needs.
Contact Our Travel Agents
Travelers, including you, may contact Arangrant travel agents to help plan your dream vacation. With a team of experienced travel experts available 24/7, Arangrant can help you with all your travel needs, including booking flights.
Arangrant has access to exclusive deals and discounts, and can help find the best options for your budget and preferences. Whether planning a solo trip, a romantic getaway, or a family vacation, Arangrant travel agents can create a customized itinerary that suits your needs. Contact Arangrant today to start planning the trip of a lifetime.