Top Travel Deals
It’s never too late to book this trip. Get the best flight prices on all international flights!
Find Cheap Business Class Flights to Kathmandu
Being flexible with travel dates can help find cheaper business class flights to Kathmandu. Try to avoid traveling during peak seasons or holidays when prices tend to be higher. Flights with a stopover are often cheaper than non-stop flights, and working with a travel agency, such as AranGrant, which specializes in booking business class flights can provide access to special deals and promotions that are not available to the general public. By following these tips, one can save money and secure a cheap business class flight to Kathmandu that fits their budget.
3 Useful Tips for Easy Traveling to Kathmandu
- Get your travel documents in order: Before traveling to Kathmandu, ensure that you have all the necessary travel documents, including your passport, visa, and any other required permits. It’s important to check the visa requirements for your country and apply for the appropriate visa in advance. Some countries may require a visa on arrival, while others may need a visa before departure. It’s also a good idea to make copies of your important documents, including your passport and travel insurance, and keep them in a separate place in case of emergencies.
- Prepare for the weather: Kathmandu has a varied climate with warm and humid summers and cool and dry winters. It’s important to pack appropriate clothing for the season you are traveling in. If you plan to go trekking, be sure to pack warm clothing and proper hiking gear. Additionally, monsoon season runs from June to September, so be prepared for heavy rain and pack waterproof clothing and shoes.
- Respect local customs and traditions: Nepal is a culturally diverse country, and it’s important to respect local customs and traditions when traveling in Kathmandu. Dress modestly, particularly when visiting temples and religious sites. Remove your shoes before entering any temples or homes, and avoid touching or taking photos of religious artifacts without permission. It’s also important to be mindful of your behavior and avoid causing offense to locals. Learn a few words in the local language, such as “Namaste” (hello) and “Dhanyabad” (thank you), to show your respect and appreciation for the local culture.
By following these tips, you can ensure a smooth and enjoyable trip to Kathmandu, Nepal.
3 Scenic Attractions to be Seen in Kathmandu
Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal, is known for its rich cultural heritage, stunning architecture, and natural beauty. Here are three scenic attractions you can’t miss when visiting Kathmandu:
- Swayambhunath Stupa: Also known as the Monkey Temple, Swayambhunath Stupa is a UNESCO World Heritage Site located on a hilltop overlooking the Kathmandu valley. This ancient religious complex dates back to the 5th century and features a stunning white dome stupa with painted eyes and a golden spire, as well as a collection of temples and shrines. Visitors can climb the 365 steps to the top for a panoramic view of the city.
- Durbar Square: Durbar Square is a complex of temples, palaces, and courtyards located in the heart of Kathmandu. It was once the site of the city’s royal palace and is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The square features stunning architecture, intricate carvings, and beautiful courtyards, including the Hanuman Dhoka Palace, Kumari Ghar (home of the Living Goddess), and Taleju Temple.
- Boudhanath Stupa: Boudhanath Stupa is one of the largest stupas in the world and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Located in the northeast of Kathmandu, it is a significant center of Tibetan Buddhism and a popular pilgrimage site. The stupa features a massive white dome, painted with colorful prayer flags and surrounded by small shops and restaurants. Visitors can stroll around the stupa and join the locals in prayer or meditation.
3 Major Airports in Kathmandu
Kathmandu has one international airport and two domestic airports. Here are the three major airports in Kathmandu:
- Tribhuvan International Airport (KTM): This is the only international airport in Nepal and serves as the main gateway to the country. It is located about 5.5 km from the city center and serves more than 30 international airlines, including Air India, Emirates, Qatar Airways, and Turkish Airlines. It also serves as the main hub for Nepal’s national airline, Nepal Airlines.
- Domestic Terminal, Kathmandu: This airport is located adjacent to the Tribhuvan International Airport and is exclusively used for domestic flights within Nepal. It serves several domestic airlines, including Buddha Air, Yeti Airlines, and Shree Airlines, and connects Kathmandu to other parts of the country.
- Pokhara Airport (PKR): Located about 200 km west of Kathmandu, Pokhara Airport is the second-busiest airport in Nepal and serves as the gateway to the Annapurna region, a popular trekking destination. It serves several domestic airlines, including Buddha Air, Yeti Airlines, and Shree Airlines, and offers regular flights to Kathmandu and other major cities in Nepal.
The Best Time of the Year to Visit Kathmandu
The best time to visit Kathmandu is during the months of September to November and February to May, which is the dry season. During this time, the weather is generally pleasant with clear skies, making it an ideal time for outdoor activities, sightseeing, and trekking.
From September to November, the weather is generally warm and dry with cool evenings, and the skies are clear, making it a great time for trekking in the Himalayas and exploring the city. October is also the time for festivals such as Dashain and Tihar, which are celebrated with great enthusiasm and give visitors a chance to experience the local culture.
From February to May, the weather is mild and dry, and the flowers are in bloom, making it a great time for sightseeing and outdoor activities. The temperature is warm during the day, but it can get chilly at night.
It’s important to note that the weather in Kathmandu can be unpredictable, and it’s always a good idea to check the weather forecast before planning your trip. Additionally, during the monsoon season (June to August), heavy rains and flooding can occur, making it less favorable for visitors.
Flight Times from the US to Kathmandu
The flight times from the US to Kathmandu vary depending on the departure city and the airline you choose. Here are some estimated flight times for direct flights from major US cities to Kathmandu:
- New York City: 17 hours
- Los Angeles: 20 hours
- San Francisco: 19 hours
- Chicago: 18 hours
- Houston: 21 hours
- Atlanta: 19 hours
- Washington DC: 18 hours
- Boston: 17 hours
Note that these are approximate flight times and may vary depending on factors such as weather conditions, flight routes, and layover times. Additionally, many flights from the US to Kathmandu require at least one layover, which can add several hours to the total travel time.
Best Business Class Airlines for Flights to Kathmandu
There are several airlines that offer business class flights to Kathmandu, each with its own unique features and amenities. Here are some of the best business class airlines for flights to Kathmandu, based on customer reviews and overall reputation:
- Qatar Airways
- Etihad Airways
- Cathay Pacific
- Turkish Airlines
Note that these airlines may not offer direct flights to Kathmandu from all US cities, and flight schedules and availability may vary. It’s always a good idea to research and compare different airlines before booking your business class flight to Kathmandu.
Contact Our Travel Agents
If you require assistance with bookings or other travel arrangements for an upcoming trip, feel free to check our website AranGrant. Our skilled agents possess the expertise and resources necessary to assist you in securing the most favorable deals on flights, hotels, rental cars, and other essential travel components.
They can further provide knowledgeable guidance on travel destinations, activities, and tours, tailored to your individual preferences and financial considerations. Whether you are organizing a personal excursion or a family vacation, our agents are dedicated to helping you realize your travel aspirations. Begin planning your next unforgettable trip today by contacting us!