Top Travel Deals
It’s never too late to book this trip. Get the best flight prices on all international flights!
Find a Business Class Ticket to Frankfurt am Main From US
3 Simple Rules for Traveling to Frankfurt am Main
- Plan Ahead: Before your trip, make sure to research and plan your itinerary in advance. Identify the main attractions and landmarks you wish to visit, and familiarize yourself with the city’s transportation system. This will help you optimize your time and make the most of your stay in Frankfurt.
- Pack Smart: Pack efficiently and according to the weather conditions during your travel dates. Frankfurt experiences a moderate climate, so pack appropriate clothing and footwear. Don’t forget to include essential items like travel documents, medications, and chargers for your electronic devices. Consider any specific requirements or restrictions for air travel and check the baggage allowance of your chosen airline.
- Respect Local Customs: Frankfurt is a cosmopolitan city with a rich cultural heritage. It is important to respect the local customs and traditions. Be mindful of dress codes, especially when visiting religious sites or formal establishments. Additionally, familiarize yourself with basic German etiquette, such as greeting people with a handshake and using polite phrases like “Bitte” (please) and “Danke” (thank you).
5 Best Places to Visit in Frankfurt am Main
- Römerberg: Located in the heart of the city, Römerberg is a historic square that showcases Frankfurt’s charming medieval architecture. Admire the iconic Römer, a beautifully restored medieval building complex, and visit the Frankfurt Cathedral (Kaiserdom) nearby. The square also hosts various festivals and markets throughout the year.
- Palmengarten: Escape to nature at Palmengarten, a stunning botanical garden that spans over 50 acres. Explore a diverse range of plant species from around the world, wander through themed gardens, and relax in serene green spaces. The Palmengarten also features glasshouses, a rose garden, and regular exhibitions.
- Städel Museum: Art enthusiasts should not miss a visit to the Städel Museum, one of Germany’s most renowned art museums. Discover an impressive collection of European art spanning several centuries, including works by masters such as Rembrandt, Monet, and Van Gogh. The museum also hosts rotating exhibitions and special events.
- Goethe House and Museum: Delve into the life and works of Germany’s most famous writer, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, by visiting his birthplace, the Goethe House. Explore the authentically reconstructed rooms and learn about Goethe’s influential contributions to literature. The adjacent museum provides further insights into his life and literary achievements.
- Main Tower: For breathtaking panoramic views of Frankfurt, head to the Main Tower. This 200-meter-high skyscraper offers an observation deck that provides stunning vistas of the city’s skyline and the River Main. On a clear day, you can see as far as the Taunus Mountains. The tower also houses a restaurant and a lounge for a memorable dining experience.
Frankfurt Am Main Airport
Frankfurt am Main Airport, also known as Frankfurt Airport (FRA), is one of the busiest and most important airports in Europe. Here is some key information about Frankfurt am Main Airport:
- Location: The airport is located approximately 12 kilometers (7.5 miles) southwest of Frankfurt city center, near the town of Kelsterbach. It is well-connected to the city and surrounding areas through various transportation options.
- Terminals: Frankfurt Airport has two main passenger terminals: Terminal 1 (divided into concourses A, B, C, and Z) and Terminal 2 (divided into concourses D and E). Both terminals offer a wide range of facilities, including shops, restaurants, lounges, and services for travelers.
- Airlines: Frankfurt Airport serves as a hub for several major airlines, including Lufthansa, Condor, and TUI fly Deutschland. It offers flights to numerous domestic and international destinations, making it a major gateway to Europe and beyond.
- Services and Amenities: The airport provides a variety of services and amenities to enhance the travel experience. These include duty-free shopping, currency exchange offices, baggage storage, lounges, prayer rooms, showers, and medical facilities. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the airport.
- Transportation: Frankfurt Airport offers convenient transportation options to and from the city center. The airport has its own train station, Frankfurt Airport Regional Station, which is connected to the regional and national rail network. Additionally, buses, taxis, and rental cars are readily available for travelers.
- Nearby Hotels: For travelers with layovers or early departures, there are several hotels located near the airport, offering convenient accommodation options within walking distance or a short shuttle ride away.
Frankfurt am Main Airport plays a vital role in air travel, serving millions of passengers each year. Its modern facilities, extensive flight connections, and range of amenities make it a well-regarded airport for both domestic and international travelers.
Best Time to Visit Frankfurt Am Main
The best time to visit Frankfurt am Main depends on your preferences and the type of experience you seek. Here’s an overview of the weather and events throughout the year to help you make an informed decision:
Spring (March to May): Spring in Frankfurt brings mild temperatures and blossoming scenery. It’s a great time to explore the city’s parks and gardens, such as Palmengarten. The popular Frankfurt Green Sauce Festival takes place in May, showcasing the local culinary specialty.
Summer (June to August): Summer in Frankfurt is warm, with average temperatures ranging from 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F). The city comes alive with outdoor events, including concerts, festivals, and open-air markets. The Main River provides opportunities for boat tours and leisurely walks along the riverbanks.
Autumn (September to November): Autumn in Frankfurt is characterized by mild temperatures and colorful foliage. It’s an excellent time to visit museums and enjoy cultural events. The Frankfurt Book Fair, one of the world’s largest book exhibitions, takes place in October.
Winter (December to February): Frankfurt experiences cold winters with temperatures often dropping below freezing. The city is adorned with festive decorations, and the Christmas markets create a magical atmosphere. The Frankfurt Auto Show, held every other year in September, showcases the latest innovations in the automotive industry.
Keep in mind that Frankfurt is a year-round destination, and each season offers its own unique charm. It’s also worth considering factors like crowd levels and hotel prices, which may vary depending on the time of year.
Flying Time From the United States to Frankfurt Am Main
The flying time from the United States to Frankfurt am Main can vary depending on the departure city and the specific route taken. Here are approximate flight durations for some major cities in the United States to Frankfurt Airport:
- New York City (JFK): Approximately 7-8 hours
- Los Angeles (LAX): Approximately 11-12 hours
- Chicago (ORD): Approximately 8-9 hours
- Miami (MIA): Approximately 9-10 hours
- San Francisco (SFO): Approximately 11-12 hours
Please note that these durations are estimates and can vary based on factors such as wind conditions, air traffic, and the specific routing chosen by the airline. It’s always a good idea to check with the airline for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding flight durations.
Best Business Class Airlines to Fly to Frankfurt Am Main
- Singapore Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- Swiss International Air Lines
Contact Our Travel Agents
Are you in the process of planning a business trip? Look no further than AranGrant for hassle-free and secure travel booking services, complete with unbeatable insider deals. Our team of industry experts is available 24/7 to craft the perfect itinerary explicitly tailored to your needs, even if you need it at a moment’s notice. You can save up to 70% on your flight with access to privately negotiated airfares. So why wait? Contact our agents today or request your personalized quote for a premier business-class flight experience.