Top Travel Deals
It’s never too late to book this trip. Get the best flight prices on all international flights!
Find Advantageous Business Class Tickets to Lyon
To get the best deals on business class tickets to Lyon, compare prices across different airlines and book in advance. You may also want to consider joining frequent flyer or loyalty programs to earn points and benefits for future travel.
With business class tickets, you can arrive in Lyon feeling rejuvenated and prepared to explore everything the city has to offer, including its rich history and culture, its thriving culinary scene, and its stunning architecture. Indulge in a premium travel experience and take advantage of all the perks that come with flying business class.
Tips and Tricks for Traveling to Lyon
Sure, here are some tips and tricks for traveling to Lyon:
- Plan your visit according to the season: Lyon is beautiful year-round, but the city offers different experiences in different seasons. Summer months (June-August) are great for outdoor activities, while winter months (December-February) are perfect for exploring the city’s indoor attractions.
- Use public transportation: Lyon has an efficient public transportation system that includes buses, trams, and metro. You can buy tickets at ticket machines or in some convenience stores. A good tip is to get a multi-day pass if you plan to use public transport frequently.
- Take a day trip to nearby attractions: Lyon is located in the Rhône-Alpes region, which has many interesting places to visit, such as the Beaujolais wine region, the medieval town of Pérouges, and the city of Annecy.
- Learn some basic French: Although many people in Lyon speak English, it’s always a good idea to learn some basic French phrases, especially if you plan to visit smaller towns or rural areas.
Hope these tips help you make the most out of your trip to Lyon!
3 Astonishing Places in Lyon
- Basilique Notre-Dame de Fourvière: Located on a hill overlooking the city, the Basilique Notre-Dame de Fourvière is one of Lyon’s most famous landmarks. The basilica was built in the late 19th century and features a mix of architectural styles, including Byzantine and Romanesque. The interior is stunning, with colorful mosaics, stained-glass windows, and elaborate sculptures. You can also climb to the top of the basilica for panoramic views of the city.
- Musée des Confluences: This modern science and anthropology museum is located at the confluence of the Rhône and Saône rivers, and its stunning architecture resembles a crystal. The museum houses a vast collection of natural history and cultural artifacts, with exhibits ranging from dinosaurs to modern art. It’s a great place to spend an afternoon, and the views from the rooftop terrace are breathtaking.
- Vieux Lyon: This historic neighborhood is one of the most charming areas of Lyon, with narrow cobblestone streets, colorful buildings, and plenty of shops and restaurants. Vieux Lyon is divided into three sections: Saint-Jean, Saint-Georges, and Saint-Paul, each with its unique character. The area is home to many of Lyon’s Renaissance buildings and is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Don’t miss the Traboules, the hidden passageways that connect buildings and date back to the Middle Ages.
These three places are just a few of the many astonishing sights to see in Lyon. Make sure to add them to your itinerary and explore all that this beautiful city has to offer.
Main Airports in Lyon
There are two main airports serving Lyon:
- Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport (LYS): This is the main international airport in Lyon, located about 20 miles east of the city center. It has two terminals and serves over 100 destinations worldwide. The airport is well-connected to the city center by various means of transportation, including trains, buses, taxis, and rental cars.
- Lyon-Bron Airport (LYN): This is a smaller airport located about 6 miles east of the city center. It is primarily used for general aviation, but some commercial flights also operate from here. The airport has a single terminal and is mainly used for business travel and private aviation.
Both airports offer various facilities and services, such as restaurants, cafes, shops, and car rental agencies. Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport is the main airport for most travelers to Lyon, while Lyon-Bron Airport is mainly used for private flights and corporate aviation.
When is Best to Travel to Lyon?
The best time to travel to Lyon depends on your preferences and interests, but generally, the best time to visit is during the spring (April to June) or the fall (September to November). During these seasons, the weather is mild, and there are fewer crowds than during the peak summer months. Additionally, you can enjoy outdoor activities such as walking tours, bike rides, and picnics in the city’s parks.
Summer (June to August) is also a popular time to visit Lyon, but it can be very hot and crowded. However, this is a great time to enjoy the city’s outdoor festivals, such as the Festival of Lights in December and the Nuits de Fourvière in June and July.
Winter (December to February) can be cold and damp, but it’s a great time to enjoy the city’s indoor attractions, such as museums and galleries. Additionally, Lyon is known for its excellent food, and winter is an excellent time to indulge in traditional Lyonnaise cuisine.
Ultimately, the best time to travel to Lyon depends on your preferences and interests. Consider what you want to do and see in Lyon and choose a time of year that aligns with your plans.
Flight Times from the US to Lyon
Flight times from the US to Lyon will vary depending on the departure city and the airline you choose. Here are some estimated flight times from major US cities to Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport (LYS):
- New York City: 7-9 hours
- Los Angeles: 11-13 hours
- Chicago: 9-11 hours
- Atlanta: 10-12 hours
- Miami: 9-11 hours
- San Francisco: 12-14 hours
Business Class Airlines to Fly to Lyon
Several airlines offer business class flights to Lyon. Here are some of the most popular ones:
- Air France
- Delta Air Lines
- Swiss International Air Lines
- United Airlines
These are just a few of the airlines that offer business class flights to Lyon. Be sure to check with your preferred airline for more information on their business class services and amenities.
Contact Our Travel Agents
Looking for professional advice and support in planning your next adventure? Look no further than our travel agency! Our knowledgeable travel agents are passionate about helping you create the vacation of your dreams. We specialize in providing personalized recommendations on top destinations, attractions, and finding the most economical travel options that fit your budget.
In addition to planning your itinerary, we also offer helpful guidance on critical travel components like insurance coverage, visa requirements, and other necessary preparations. Our agents are available to answer any questions you may have and to help you navigate the intricacies of international travel. To connect with one of our experts, simply fill out our online contact form or give us a call. Let us take the lead in planning your next incredible adventure.