Top Travel Deals
It’s never too late to book this trip. Get the best flight prices on all international flights!
Find Business Class Flight Deals to Myanmar
3 Helpful Tips When Traveling to Myanmar
If you’re planning a trip to Myanmar, here are three helpful tips to keep in mind:
- Respect local customs and traditions: Burmese culture is deeply rooted in Buddhist traditions, so it’s important to dress modestly and remove your shoes when entering temples and pagodas. Additionally, showing respect for elders is highly valued in Burmese culture, so be mindful of your behavior towards older individuals.
- Carry cash in local currency: While credit cards are accepted in some areas, cash is still widely used in Myanmar. It’s recommended to carry the local currency, Burmese kyat, for purchases, especially in rural areas where credit card machines may not be available.
- Stay hydrated and protect against the sun: Myanmar has a hot and humid climate, especially during the summer months. Make sure to drink plenty of water and wear sunscreen and a hat to protect against the sun’s rays. Additionally, it’s important to be aware of mosquito-borne illnesses, so consider using insect repellent and wearing long sleeves and pants in the evenings.
3 Astonishing Attractions in Myanmar
Myanmar is a country with a rich history and stunning natural beauty. Here are three astonishing attractions you don’t want to miss when visiting Myanmar:
- Bagan: Located in central Myanmar, Bagan is a vast complex of more than 2,000 ancient temples and pagodas, many of which date back to the 11th and 12th centuries. Visitors can explore the temples by foot, bicycle, or even hot air balloon, and witness one of the most impressive archaeological sites in Southeast Asia.
- Inle Lake: Located in the Shan State of Myanmar, Inle Lake is a peaceful oasis surrounded by lush green mountains. Visitors can take a boat ride to explore the lake’s floating villages, gardens, and markets, and witness the unique Intha people who live on the lake.
- Shwedagon Pagoda: Located in Yangon, the Shwedagon Pagoda is the most sacred Buddhist site in Myanmar, with a history dating back more than 2,500 years. The pagoda stands at over 325 feet tall and is covered in gold leaf and encrusted with thousands of diamonds and other precious stones, making it a truly breathtaking sight to behold.
Main Airports in Myanmar
Myanmar has several international airports that serve as gateways to the country. Here are the main airports in Myanmar:
- Yangon International Airport (RGN): Located in the country’s largest city, Yangon, this airport is the primary gateway to Myanmar and serves as the main hub for several domestic airlines.
- Mandalay International Airport (MDL): Located in the country’s second-largest city, Mandalay, this airport serves as a gateway to northern Myanmar and is a popular entry point for tourists visiting the nearby ancient city of Bagan.
- Nay Pyi Taw International Airport (NYT): Located in Myanmar’s capital city, Nay Pyi Taw, this airport serves as a hub for domestic flights and has limited international service.
- Heho Airport (HEH): Located near the town of Kalaw in Shan State, this airport serves as a gateway to Inle Lake, one of the top tourist destinations in Myanmar.
- Nyaung U Airport (NYU): Located near the town of Nyaung-U in central Myanmar, this airport serves as a gateway to the ancient city of Bagan, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
When is the Best Time to Travel to Myanmar?
The best time to travel to Myanmar depends on your preferences and itinerary, as the country has distinct seasons that can affect travel conditions. Here’s a breakdown of the seasons in Myanmar:
Dry Season (November to February): This is generally considered the best time to visit Myanmar, as the weather is cool and dry, and there is little rainfall. Temperatures can range from 68°F to 86°F during the day, making it a comfortable time to explore the country.
Hot Season (March to May): This season can be very hot, with temperatures ranging from 86°F to 104°F in some parts of the country. It’s a good time to visit the cooler hill stations or beaches along the coast.
Monsoon Season (June to October): During this season, Myanmar receives the majority of its rainfall, which can make travel conditions challenging. However, the scenery can be lush and green, and the rain can cool down the temperatures. This is also a good time for visiting some of the country’s festivals.
Overall, the dry season is the most popular time to visit Myanmar due to the comfortable weather conditions. However, if you don’t mind some rain and humidity, the monsoon season can be a great time to explore the country’s natural beauty.
Flight Times From Major US Cities to Myanmar
The flight times from major US cities to Myanmar can vary depending on the airline, layovers, and route. Here are some estimated flight times from major US cities to Yangon International Airport (RGN), the primary gateway to Myanmar:
- New York City to Yangon: 19-23 hours with one or two layovers
- Los Angeles to Yangon: 20-24 hours with one or two layovers
- Chicago to Yangon: 20-24 hours with one or two layovers
- Miami to Yangon: 21-25 hours with one or two layovers
- San Francisco to Yangon: 18-22 hours with one or two layovers
Note that flight times may be longer or shorter depending on the airline, route, and layover times. It’s always a good idea to check with airlines for the most accurate and up-to-date flight information.
Business Class Airlines to Fly to Myanmar
Several airlines offer business class flights to Myanmar. Here are some options:
- Singapore Airlines
- Cathay Pacific
- Thai Airways
- Korean Air
Note that these are just a few examples, and there may be other airlines that offer business class flights to Myanmar. It’s always a good idea to compare prices and amenities before booking your flight.
Contact Our Travel Agents
To plan your dream vacation, the first step is to get in touch with our travel agents at AranGrant. Our team of skilled travel specialists is at your service 24/7 to assist you with all your travel requirements, such as reserving flights, hotels, car rentals, and more.
We offer privileged deals and discounts, and our experts can assist you in finding the most suitable options for your budget and preferences. Whether you’re planning a solo adventure, a romantic escape, or a family vacation, our travel agents can tailor an itinerary that suits your needs. So don’t hesitate any longer. Reach out to our travel agents today and let us help you plan a once-in-a-lifetime trip.