Top Travel Deals
It’s never too late to book this trip. Get the best flight prices on all international flights!
Find a Business Class Ticket to Brussels from US
5 Helpful Tips for Visiting Brussels
Brussels, the capital of Belgium, is a charming and historic city known for its beautiful architecture, delicious food, and diverse cultural attractions.
Here are five helpful tips for visiting Brussels:
- Try the local cuisine. Brussels is famous for its delicious cuisine, including waffles, chocolate, fries, and beer. Only leave with trying the famous Belgian waffles, served in various styles with a range of toppings. Also, sample some of the wide varieties of Belgian beer and indulge in mouth-watering Belgian chocolates.
- Use public transportation. Brussels has an excellent public transportation system, including buses, trams, and metros, which makes it easy to get around the city. Consider purchasing a public transportation pass to save money and check schedules and routes in advance.
- Visit the Grand Place. The Grand Place is the central square in Brussels and is a must-visit for any traveler. The square is surrounded by beautiful buildings, including the famous City Hall and the Maison du Roi. Make sure to visit when the buildings are illuminated at night, creating a magical atmosphere.
- Learn some French and Dutch phrases. Although most people in Brussels speak English, it’s always polite to learn a few basic French and Dutch phrases. It will help you communicate with locals and show respect for their culture. Some valid words to learn include “Bonjour” (Hello), “Merci” (Thank you), and “Pardon” (Excuse me).
- Be prepared for weather changes. Brussels weather can be unpredictable, so bring various clothing to prepare for all conditions. It’s common for rain to rain several times a day, so bring an umbrella or raincoat. The weather can be chilly in winter, so bring warm clothing and layers.
Best Places to Visit in Brussels, Belgium
Brussels, the capital of Belgium, is a beautiful and historic city with many attractions to explore. Here are the top places to visit in Brussels:
The Grand Place is the central square in Brussels and one of Europe’s most beautiful squares. The square is surrounded by magnificent buildings, including the Gothic-style City Hall, the baroque-style Maison du Roi, and many guild halls. The square is also home to many restaurants and cafes, making it a perfect spot to relax and soak up the atmosphere.
The Atomium is a unique Brussels building built for the 1958 World Expo. The building represents an iron crystal enlarged 165 billion times and consists of nine spheres connected by escalators and elevators. Visitors can tour the Atomium, which includes visiting the top sphere, offering stunning views of Brussels.
Manneken Pis is a small bronze statue of a boy urinating in a fountain and is one of the most famous landmarks in Brussels. The figure has become a city symbol with over 1000 different costumes, which are changed several times yearly.
Royal Museums of Fine Arts of Belgium
The Royal Museums of Fine Arts of Belgium is a must-visit for art lovers. The museum features a collection of works by Flemish and Belgian artists, including paintings by Rubens, Van Dyck, and Bruegel. The museum is also home to a group of modern art, including works by Magritte and Delvaux.
Belgian Comic Strip Center
The Belgian Comic Strip Center is a unique museum dedicated to the art of comic strips. The museum features a range of exhibits and displays, including original funny strip drawings, sculptures, and interactive exhibits. Visitors can also learn about the history of comics in Belgium, including the famous character Tintin.
Saint Michael and Saint Gudula Cathedral
This beautiful gothic-style cathedral is located in the heart of Brussels and is one of the city’s most iconic landmarks. The cathedral features stunning stained glass windows, intricate stonework, and a rich history dating back to the 11th century.
Parc du Cinquantenaire
This beautiful park is located in the European Quarter of Brussels and is a perfect place to relax and unwind. The park features a range of attractions, including a triumphal arch, a museum, and a beautiful fountain. Visitors can also stroll through the park’s gardens and enjoy the scenic views.
Brussels, the capital of Belgium, is served by Brussels Airport, located approximately 12 kilometers northeast of the city center. Brussels Airport is the largest airport in Belgium and is the central hub for Brussels Airlines.
The airport has two passenger terminals:
- Terminal A: This terminal is primarily used for flights within the Schengen Area and serves airlines such as Brussels Airlines, Lufthansa, and Swiss International Air Lines.
- Terminal B: This terminal serves flights outside the Schengen Area and is used by Emirates, United Airlines, and Qatar Airways airlines.
Brussels Airport offers a range of facilities and services, including shops, restaurants, cafes, and lounges. The airport also provides ground transportation options, including taxis, buses, and trains. It’s easy to reach the city center via public transport, with trains departing from the airport to Brussels Central Station every 10-15 minutes during the day.
Best Times to Visit Brussels
The best times to visit Brussels are during the shoulder seasons of spring (April-May) and fall (September-November) when the weather is mild and the crowds are smaller. During these seasons, the city is less crowded, and you can enjoy the attractions and sights without the long queues and crowds of tourists. The temperatures in spring and fall range between 10°C to 20°C, making it perfect for outdoor activities and sightseeing.
(June-August) is the peak tourist season in Brussels when the city is bustling with tourists worldwide? The temperatures during this season range from 15°C to 25°C, making it an excellent time for outdoor activities and festivals. However, be prepared for the crowds and book accommodation and tickets to avoid any last-minute hassles.
December to February in Brussels is chilly, with temperatures ranging from 1°C to 7°C. However, the city looks beautiful in winter, with snow-covered streets and Christmas markets. This season is great for winter sports enthusiasts and visitors looking to enjoy the festive atmosphere. Be prepared for the colder weather and pack warm clothing.
Flying Time from the United States to Brussels
The flying time from the United States to Brussels can vary depending on the departure city and airline. Here are the estimated flying times from major US cities to Brussels:
- New York to Brussels: approximately 7-8 hours
- Los Angeles to Brussels: about 10-12 hours
- Chicago to Brussels: about 8-9 hours
- Miami to Brussels: about 9-10 hours
- San Francisco to Brussels: about 11-13 hours
It’s important to note that these are estimated flying times and can vary based on airline, route, layovers, and weather conditions. It’s always best to check with the airline for the most up-to-date flight schedules and travel information.
Best Business Class Airlines to Fly to Brussels
Here is a list of the top 10 best business-class airlines to fly to Brussels from the US:
- Qatar Airways
- Singapore Airlines
- Cathay Pacific
- Etihad Airways
- Swiss International Air Lines
- Turkish Airlines
- British Airways
- Air France
These airlines offer luxurious business-class services, including lie-flat seats, gourmet dining, personal entertainment systems, priority boarding, and access to airport lounges. They also provide convenient connections to Brussels from major US cities, such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Miami, and San Francisco. However, flight schedules and routes can vary, so checking with the airlines for the most up-to-date information on flights to Brussels is best.
Contact Our Travel Agents
Are you planning a trip? Let AranGrant make it effortless. Our team of industry experts is ready to assist you 24/7, and we can arrange hassle-free bookings into any destination, even if your departure is in just a few hours! With our partnerships with airlines worldwide, get access to exclusive rates – up to 70% off regular airfares for business class tickets – tailored specifically for your needs and preferences. Please don’t wait another minute; contact us now or request an instant quote from AranGrant today!